Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Break Before Final Semester of School is a Big Tease

I'd really rather just get it over with. I mean, sure I can get some stuff done while I'm waiting, but that's like being stranded on a desert island and before attempting escape in your homemade raft you decide to work on your tan for three weeks. Would I like a good tan? Sure. Would I rather get on that boat and head for civilization? Yes yes yes. One semester of nursing school is my poorly constructed escape raft - it's necessary and probably extremely unsafe, but it may lead me to freedom. Freedom, here I guess, represents a good wage and a downtown loft with amenities and a view.
Furthering this brilliant metaphor, it took a long hard time to build this stupid raft. And honestly, it's ugly. I hate it. But I need it to get to land. I mean, the island is nice. I've got some stuff here, not much but some. I could pass a good while just doing stuff, or doing nothing, whatever I feel like. But either way, it doesn't get me any closer to what I want. For that, I need the raft.
The raft is going to suck, too. Getting up early, staying up late, work work work. And you're all alone out there. I mean, there's other rafts, but none that really know what it's like for you out there. Then you have the elements that are trying to keep you from reaching your destination. The wind, the rain, the waives and a whole lot of sharks that would just love to eat your face off. Well, they may get a finger or a toe, but they're not getting my face or any of my major limbs.

Not this time, sharky.

No comments:

Post a Comment